how stupid is stupid?

   What I found odd about this ad was their choice of BSOD.  IIRC, the ad
I saw (In PC World?) used a Win9x Blue Screen instead of one from NT.  It
makes me wonder how many different marketing teams they have promoting one
product.  Win2k has so far been targeted at "business class" machines, and
it makes an inadequate replacement for the 9x line on the typical home
machine.
   I used to recommend 2k to people who had issues with 95/98 stability
(but had to stick with Windows for one reason or another), until I started
seeing serious compatibility and support issues.  A coworker had a new DSL
modem with no Win2k drivers, and the latest crop of his kids' games
refused to run for one reason or another.
   At least in most cases, the Win9x BSOD is here to stay for some time.

--
     -Matt

Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.

-