Need MUUUUCH help with problem......

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Numberwhun ***** wrote:

> XF86Config entries for the chipset, all the way up to and including
> 1600x1200, which is supported.

...if your system has enough video RAM.  Some machines (especially 1u
server models) don't.

This also does not address the original poster's issue with RPM.  The
packages are provided as RPMs (according to the OP -- I didn't bother to
look at the site), and Slackware doesn't have RPM.

There are two solutions to that problem: download and install RPM for your
system (www.rpm.org), or use an RPM converter utility.  I believe there is
one that converts RPMs to cpio format archives, but I don't remember the
name of it, and I haven't used it, so YMMV.

--
Derek Martin
Senior System Administrator

-