IP Masquerade

Abhishake Pathak wrote:
> I'm having a problem with my ip maasquerading. When  i
> put the firewall setting on none it connects to the
> internet but if iput on ip masquerade it doesn't
> connect for some reason.  Please advice

Hi, Abhishake. If the firewalling rules are blocking legitimate traffic to
the Internet, this would happen. If you're using demand-dialing, this
would keep the modem even from dialing out.

What firewalling rules are you using? And what Linux distribution (and
version) are you using? It's could be something relatively easy to
correct.

-TimK
--
Tim King