off-topic: cable TV providers in cambridge

Doug, it is a bit off topic, but it's all data these days...

I live in the PRC and use the AT&T service for internet and (analog) cable.

I go with my own modem and whittle the cable channels down to suit my
budget.  I think it runs 60 or so a month combined.  They do give you a
little break if you agree to use them as your sole service provider
(Internet, Cable, Local telco)

My building can't take advantage of the local telco part, because we are
multi-tenant.  See what you can do on that issue.  Maybe they'll add on AT&T
long distance at a "cut" rate too!

Finally, as we do live in the PEOPLE'S republic of Cambridge, we can go and
bitch to the fearless leaders about ISP infrastructure based monopoly and
scream to give other ISP's a crack at our market over the common wire.  More
likely, they will take away our toys (like Speedvision) and put on another
FACINATING public access channel.  That's how they buy our boys downtown off
;-)

HTH,

Chuck Young
Internet Systems Engineer,