Why would a NIC card NOT be recognized?

Also, you can specify the IRQ and port using LILO.
I don't remember the exact format. Also sometimes the 3com ISA boards
need to be setup via a DOS setup program supplied on the 3com driver
diskette, but that would not explain why the same boards come up on
another identical system.

 Peter Grace <pgrace at world.std.com> wrote:

Try the following as root or using sudo

insmod eepro
then see if the card shows in ifconfig

eepro is the module for this. It should be in /lib/modules/(kernel
specific)/net/