Good NIC?

> What's a good NIC that runs 100Mbps Full Duplex on an 'out of the box'
> Mandrake 7.2 install.

SMC 10/100 PCI card.  $15 retail box off the shelf at your nearest
CompUSA.

> I know I could build drivers, but I don't _want_ to :)  Actually a friend of
> mine bet me that I couldn't put together a high end desktop/game system
> without compiling _anything_.  So now I have to try, or loose face.

Uses the newer of the two Tulip drivers in the 2.2 kernel, and works
great in 2.4 as well.  Not sure if I'd go for not compiling _anything_,
but that's your call of course. =)

Brian J. Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs.
(http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20001024)
-