Interesting commends from Linux :-)

| "First off, I don't like a lot of the elitism that does on among Linux
| hackers. Just because you can tell what the following script does without
| executing it, doesn't mean that you're some kind of god. "
| Lots more in there. Worth a read.
|
| http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/linux-kernel/this-week/0005.html

He has some good observations.  I did especially like the comment:

  If you think using Un*x makes  you  some  kind  of  super
  genius  who  should  be  feared  by  mere mortals and end
  users, either get over it or start using *BSD. *BSD users
  (and  developers)  are  all complete jackasses, so you'll
  fit right in.

Now, this message is being typed on a FreeBSD  machine,  so  I  guess
this makes me a complete jackass. But I do have a personal history of
writing portable code, and seeking out accounts on different kinds of
systems so that I can do the appropriate testing.  Frankly, I haven't
found that linux and BSD  (of  any  sort)  present  many  portability
challenges.  So maybe it takes a bit more than just porting your code
to a BSD system to make one a complete jackass.

Perhaps I need to start cultivating an attitude.   But  reading  this
message  tells  me  that I have a long, long way to go before I reach
professional standards in this regard. I wonder if there's a HOWTO on
the subject?  Maybe it'll be available by next April first?

-