openBSD_2.8/2.7

--

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:31:05
 Matthew J. Brodeur wrote:
>> For burning openbsd2.8, did you download the iso image ? The iso is
>> copyrighted be the auther of openbsd, so you shouldn't be able to download
>
>   I'm curious about this as well.  Has the policy changed, or is this a
>3rd party ISO, which should be perfectly legal.
>

>> If you are new to unix, instlaling openbsd can be dificult. If you order the
>> CD from the openbsd web site (only $30 donation to openbsd), it comes with a
>> little documentaion, and the CD is bootable (for i386 arch).
>

>> On Tuesday 03 April 2001 18:32, bill h wrote:
>> >  i am downloading open bsd 2.8 and am going to burn it to a cd. If i burn
>> > it from a MS.os will the cd still boot?
>
>   Maybe.  If it's a bootable ISO image, and it's burned properly
>(ie, Adaptec EZ-CD's "Create CD from disc image"), it should boot.  If
>you're trying to build a custom disc, you'll have to tell your mastering
>software to create a bootable disc using the "cdrom28.fs" file as the boot
>image.

this is where i got the files...
is this the same as an iso image?
what is the difference?
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/2.8/i386/

if i'm using a zip burner...on MS...i use the EZ-CD
creator/and point it to cdrom.fs for the bootable disc image?

thank you for your help everyone...
would it be easier/is there support for the zip burner for linux?