two questions

> Roadrunner does nothing odd with DHCP.  Your host will probably
renegotiate
> its DHCP lease daily.  If you leave it up normally you will maintain
> your IP address.

> This is the only correct action on RR's part, otherwise they are
> interrupting your service.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but there's nothing in my
Mediaone/AT&T/RR/FlavorOfTheWeek contract that guarantees service
quality/availability.  And I have heard at least two reports of analog
modem ISPs that bounce all connections daily. Mediaone may not care now
since the service is new, but as their customer base continues to grow
and their bandwidth is stressed, they will likely look for ways to
conserve bandwidth without allocating new resources.

It won't be hard for them to figure out how bandwidth is being used.
Once the numbers are significant, they'll take some action (annoyance
tactics likely, not legal-related).  Till then, enjoy.

BTW, I'm betting they'll start bouncing connections by January 2002...
any takers?  ;o)

Chris
-