openBSD_2.8/2.7

hello...thanks for the help...
I installed open bsd 2.7, and it was actually easier than installing slackware! LOL. I struggled with the boot floppy for a while and my BIOS to no satisfaction...so i resorted to high technology...I cleaned the bsd cdrom and what do you know...it booted.
However...i got a data transfer error for comp28 and x11. I have the packages downloaded from my other attempt to make a bootable custom 2.8 cd. So that wasn't a total loss. Now i'll spend the next couple of days fiddlin with X.
Question> what is the purpose of comp28?
Anyhow, at least i have command line open bsd (on my soon to be server). Roadrunner comes monday, i have a computer with MS on it to please the installer. So be prepared for many more questions...
I know TZO has a service to enable people to find my server...any other suggestions?
Thank you for all your help....

Who needs Cupid?  Matchmaker.com is the place to meet somebody.
FREE Two-week Trial Membership at http://www.matchmaker.com/home?rs=200015
-