Greetings and salutations...

>From: "Geoffrey Sadler" <talbot at midsouth.rr.com>
>[snip] My wife and I are relocating to the Boston area from Memphis,
>TN.  [snip]

Geoffrey,

Welcome to the arctic regions!  If you need a good deal on food for your
sled dogs, I'm your man!  I do kennels, training, and even musher lessons
for you first timers!

Some things to keep in mind:

1. Do NOT take your dogs on the Charles river before December!  Ignore any
contrary advice you get on this! The sewer outflows weaken the ice and
entire teams have vanished without a trace, only to be found after the
Spring breakup!

2. Remember that cars are NOT allowed in the city of Boston without payment
of a $50 daily parking fee.  Take my advice: get a team of dogs instead, and
save yourself the trouble of putting chains on your tires. ** DO NOT ATTEMPT
TO AVOID THE PARKING FEE. IT'S JUST A FACT OF LIFE IN BOSTON, AND YOU'LL
HAVE TO GET USED TO IT!! **

3. The electric outlets at every parking space in the malls are INTENDED for
your engine heater, and you will NEVER get your car started if you forget to
use them.  Be sure to get a good mechanic to install the heater: "dipstick"
models do NOT work in our climate!

4. Do NOT root for the Red Sox!  They will break your heart!

HTH.

Bill ("Was that over the top? I can never tell.") Horne