Unusual abend on RH 6.2 shutdown

>From: George Flaherty <georgef at atg.com>
>[snip]
>Did this issue just start happening? Did you add/replace any new hardware?

It's a new machine for me:  I got it from my cousin, who has cancer and is
too sick to work on it now.  He asked me to fix it and donate it to
Dana-Farber: he says there's some sort of memory problem and suggested I
flash the BIOS, but I put Linux on it to see what would happen.

It's an AMD K6-2 @350MHz, 64MB ram.

Thanks for your help.

Bill