Samba printing update

brian wrote:
> Perhaps you could try this from a cmd window on the NT box:
>     net view \\sambaserver

net view lists the server, but net view \\KRAMER says
System error 5 has occurred
Access denied.

But all my permissions are for all of 192.168.1., which covers all my
intranet.

UPDATE: I figured out my wife logs in as Administrator.  I added
Administrator to /etc/passwd with the sam euid/gid as her normal login,
then added it to smbpasswd.  Then I saw the printer and can attach to
it.

When I try to print, though, it says "Windows cannot print because there
is a problem with the current printer setup", implying "We're not gonna
tell you what the problem is cuz you're a dumb Windows user and you
couldn't fix it anyway".

> Also, does anything odd show up in /var/log/samba?
smb.log says:
[2001/04/21 02:16:09, 1, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)]
smbd/files.c:file_init(216)
  file_init: Information only: requested 10000 open files, 1014 are
available.

max.log says:  (max is my wife's machine)
[2001/04/21 02:18:02, 1, effective(501, 501), real(0, 0)]
smbd/service.c:make_connection(550)
  max (192.168.1.7) connect to service lp as user Administrator
(uid=501, gid=501) (pid 2682)

I just verified I can still print from my WinME box to my linux box

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.  From that screen, if I
click on the "print test page" button, it gives an error message similar
to above, but also advises "the parameter is incorrect".  I feel so much
better now that I know what the problem is.

net print \\kramer\lp
shows the printer, says the queue is empty, and that it is active.
-