rpc.statd error

Note that these entries should remain in /etc/services!  That file
doesn't list the active services; it lists the service names associated
with various port numbers.

You just want to turn off the service using your standard control
panel (linuxconf, chkconfig, etc.), to make sure the services do not
start by default.

-derek

-