SUN Forced Vacations (fwd)

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Glenn Burkhardt wrote:
> We supply equipment to the PCB industry, and our customers are saying that
> orders are being canceled by 50% - 80%.  One of my friends who supplies
> equipment to the telco industry said that his business was down by a third.
> Corning has "slowed" the construction of a plant to make fiber optic related
> stuff, and Sycamore Networks has "slowed" the construction of their new
> 1 million square foot facility down the road from us.

Cisco has also slowed their R&D facility. It was planned for 7 buildings,
now its down to 5 and maybe less.
Cisco dropped all contractors/consultants too.
It has kinda slowed and is not dropping so fast anymore. Just trickeling
through the big guys and aftershocks(yeah and there will be more but not
as bad).
Actually I am good to see most of the fat get trimmed at my company and
companies I work for... It was almost needed.

--
Kris Loranger
kris at kancer.978.org
IRC:undernet,#978,Kancer AIM:KancerKris
"If you're going to sell out, sell out ethically" -Moby

-