RedHat 7.1 not completely shutting down my laptop

I've got a strange problem here, I updated my laptop to RedHat 7.1 and now
the laptop isn't fully shutting down.  What happens is all the processes stop
and the main power shuts down but the laptop is still powered.  It is acting
like it is going into suspend mode at the final step instead of halting.  I
tried using the hibernate (suspend to file) feature for a short term
solution, but it has some issues comming back up... so that's out.

What really bothers me is that RedHat 7.0 worked perfectly.

The laptop is has a K-III 533 on the VIA chipset.
Any ideas where to start looking?  I'm assuming I need to rebuild the kernel,
but what options should I be looking at?

				-fjr
-