Red Hat Linux 7.1 (for alpha/sparc)

> When will it be out for the sparcitecture?  Anyone know?  I could not find
> .iso's anywhere.

It won't be.  They discontinued RH/Sparc with 6.2 due to a lack of
interest (i.e. no one bought it and there weren't enough downloads for
RedHat to feel it was in their best interest to continue devoting
resources to).  There were many suggestions of using Debian on SPARC in
the Slashdot article today regarding this same issue.

> I don't have an alpha, but I am curious as to the lag time between
> architectures in a given release.  I know they are after market share in the
> server space, but maybe x86 is where that's at?  Anyone?

In the past it's been about 4-5 weeks for the Alpha release following
that of i386.  I'm eagerly awaiting 7.1 for my Multia, as I have no
interest in putting a patched RH 7.0 on it.  As for market share, I
assume it's predominantly i386, as with most distributions, but I don't
have any figures to back that up.

Brian J. Conway
dogbert at clue4all.net
Geek for hire: http://clue4all.net/resume

Men may control the free world, but women control the boobs.
(http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20001024)
-