Roadrunner

I've had my cable modem for over 4.5 years. I have a LanCity supplied by
AT&T BB.
AT&T BB uses standard dhcp to supply you with your IP address. My
SuSE Linux works out of the box with DHCLIENT. I currently use a
Linksys router because I have up to 6 computers in the house which
might be online at any one time (3 Linux, 3 Windows). I used to have
several good FAQs specific to Mediaone, but those URLs no longer
work. They do not block any ports except possibly those associated with
netbuei. I run Apache as well as sendmail. I specifically turn off telnet,
ftp, talk and a few more.