X10 discount

David,

Funny, I just added them to my personal spammers list as since I bought some
gear there a few days ago, they have sent me no less than THREE of the
HURRY - just X days left to buy more stuff at deep discount.... Not a good
marketing tactic in my book, but apparently this is SOP for them:

>From their Recruiting pages - it seems that they focus on impulse buyers:
Web Developer
Requirements: Experience in advertising that sells to impulse buyers -
direct action! Excellent understanding of selling and marketing
communications issues. 2 years web design/selling online experience.
Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with daily deadlines.

Otherwise what is your overall impression of the X10 gear?  I just bought a
ton of it, but I am not as happy as I thought I would be.  The cameras are
extremely limited and I'm having issues (albeit newbie ones) with the
ActiveHome & Firecracker gear...

Right Now I have 5 Cameras, Motion Sensors, Remotes, and the controller
modules all terminating into my NT Server.
Their MultiView software seems to keep my CPU around 90-100% - not
impressive...

What pieces are you using - and how has your luck been with multi-floor
installations?

--Thorin