connectivity

"Derek D. Martin" <ddm at mclinux.com> wrote:
>Do you mean to say that you can't ssh from your machine to machines
>outside your network?

I mean I wasn't clear.

My employer has a network that can't ssh to the outside world, but in
one experiment (the details of which I don't know) our sys admin says
he managed to ssh out and back into our network here at work.

Seeing as this is a personal request of mine, and he doesn't know what
is wrong, I need to come up with the next idea.

My own machine at home has its own problems, mostly that my ISP
(gis.net) seems to be blocking some ports on my DSL wire and doesn't
know where or why, so I am running ssh on port 19 instead of 22.  That
seems to work, judging from my ability to ssh to and from the World.

-kb, the Kent who wonders whether he needs to roll up his sleaves next
and dig through a strace, or maybe start dumping network packets.
-