connectivity

John Chambers <jc at trillian.mit.edu> wrote:
>This one I hadn't seen, so I tried it.  What I got was:
>
>: chkconfig telnet on
>error reading information on service telnet: No such file or directory
>:
>
>Doesn't seem to have worked on this 2.2.13-0.7 (Red Hat) box.  I also
>note it commits one of the traditional sins of bad software: It tells
>me that it can't open something, but it doesn't deign to tell me what
>the file name was.

When I plunged into Linux, I left behind the idea that I was running
my Macintosh.  What are you trying to do to me?  And Apple is no
better, they released the new Ibook which looks very nice, and I can
even run a Unix on such a box.

Seriously, I used to think Unix should be more friendly, but haven't
had the energy to open that subject of late.

-kb, the Kent whose ftpd was broken for a time because of a syntax
error in a configuration file, a syntax error that wasn't reported,
but merely caused a crash; the Kent who finally fixed it after
plunging into the sources with gdb between his teeth.
-