mediaone

I have a similar configuraton. I currently run sendmail and httpd. I have no
other ports open.
In the linsys router, use the forwarding menu and forward the specific
ports to specific IP addresses.
eg. ip 192.168.1.7  25-25  This will forward port 27 to ip addr.
192,168.1.7. The host should have a static address not a dynamic,
although it will work with dynamic addresses.

You can run ssh. I would advise against telnet and ftp, but I had ftp open
for a while. AT&T BB does not block traffic except for the SMB ports (I
don't recall the port numbers offhand).

However, you should not run things like IRC servers or name servers
through the gateway, which are security risks and are in violation of your
agreement.
On 21 Jun 2001, at 14:53, bill h wrote:

> i got a network behind a linksys router
> i'm on roadrunner
> what kind of services can i run / and how can i access these from the
> outside?
>

> Get 250 color business cards for FREE!
> http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/
> -