Laptops

>  both wiegh about 3.75 pounds and both are about 1 inche thick

I just looked at Sony's web site (damn Javascript required--remind
me to turn it off again), and I am thinking the SR27 looks better.
(Actually, I would consider the SR33, roughly half the price.
Smaller disk, Celeron--but 10 GB is still a lot, 600 Mz Celeron
isn't *that* bad, and $1K is a big savings.

I would check if there is any word on how happy Linux is on this
thing--it is quite new.

But the 505 you are considering seems discontinued...I can find no
mention on the Vaio web site's lineup.

Let us know how it goes.

-kb

-