Port forwarding w/ ipchains

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup some port forwarding here at work, and not having much luck. I have a firewall box connected to a DSL link. I would like to forward specific ports onto a machine on the internal network (which is nat'ed). But I can't seem to figure out the syntax. Here's what I have so far:

89 sieve /etc/rc.d/init.d> ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
REDIRECT   tcp  ------  anywhere              telltale.             any ->   1030 =>  an
ACCEPT     tcp  ------  anywhere              anywhere              any ->   www
DENY       udp  ----l-  anywhere              anywhere              any ->   0:1023
DENY       tcp  ----l-  anywhere              anywhere              any ->   0:1023
Chain forward (policy DENY):
target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
MASQ       tcp  ------  anywhere              telltale.             any ->   1030
MASQ       all  ------  anywhere              anywhere              n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

With this setup, when telnetting to the box from an outside IP to port 1030 I get "connection refused" and nothing in the logs. Could this mean that it's working properly and the internal machine is not accepting the connection?

Thanks.

-