Learn as Linux Administrator

I completely agree with the 'barney' book.  It has proved itself a good
addition to my library.  Also, I would get the "Linux in a Nutshell" from
O'Reilly.
Just as a note, you may want to check out your local, small business
computer shop for cheap computers.  I have one near where I live that has a
stack of p-133 barebones computers for $25.  Just add a couple of items and
off you go.  You can find cheap, older computers pretty easily.  One of the
computers I presently run Linux on is a p-100.

#jlk