Wireless ethernet?

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 03:20:35PM +0000, John Chambers wrote:

> Derek Martin writes:
> | ...  Most universities state in various documents that
> | the computing resources of the university are for the use of the
> | students and faculty of the university.  Certainly mine did.
>
> Perhaps, but there's a straightforward argument why  this  is  a  bad
> policy  for  an  academic  institution,  and  also  for  a great many
> computer software companies.

John, I respect your opinion, but I disagree with absolutely
everything you said that follows this.  However, in a rare moment of
(I think) good sense, I've decided that this whole issue, both the
firewall argument and the AT&T port blocking thing just aren't
important enough for me to boil my blood over, so I've chosen to agree
to disagree instead of ranting endlessly about why I don't agree, and
I've chosen to disregard AT&T's blocking of ports.  I'm against it,
and I've said I'm against it, and in reality I'm not going to do too
much about it other than that, so I'm going to shut up now.