From: owner-discuss at Blu.Org [mailto:owner-discuss at Blu.Org]On Behalf Of
Ron Peterson
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 11:12 AM
To: discuss at Blu.Org
Subject: assembly bootstrap

For no good reason, I decided to learn a bit about assembly language
programming.

I searched the web and found some tutorial links.  However, simply
cutting
and pasting the tutorial files is not working.

http://www.cs.pdx.edu/~bjorn/CS200/linux_tutorial/

When I link, I get:

1032$ make
ld -s -Bstatic -o avtemp /usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib/crti.o avtemp.o -lc
/usr/lib/libc.a(strtoll.o): In function `__strtoll_internal':
/usr/src/bs/BUILD/glibc-2.2.2/stdlib/../sysdeps/generic/strtol.c:386:
undefined\ reference to `__udivdi3'

Apparently I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what.

(?)

--

-Ron-
https://www.yellowbank.com/