[BLU] Re: Monster.com Accused of Violating Privacy(fwd)

Since we're still on this track.
One headhunting firm I really dislike in this industry is Modis. Had two
contracts with them. The first was with the Salem group (used to be
Gator Software). They were ok, but tended to sell me at a much lower
price. The other was the Burlington group. My contract was originally
through TSG, which was bought by Modis. The TSG end was ok, but
after they rolled them up to Modis in Burlington, things became sticky.
When I was about ready for renewal, normally I contact my agency and
let them negotiate. They didn't even know my end date, and they
contacted HP HR, and they told me that HP had never heard of me. I told
them to contact the contract administrator at HP and they said they
could only talk to HR. I liked working for HP but not working at Raytheon.
In any case the people I had to deal with at Modis in Burlington were
complete jerks. First, they lost my resume so I had to resend it. Second
they told me they had no job prospects (I had been fending off calls from
other head hunters), so I just told them I was no longer interested in
working for Modis, and I received a nasty email remining me of my non-
compete.

For the most part, I work with 6 or so head hunters when I am starting to
wind down on a contract. Most will be relatively honest with me about the
job market and my price.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
ORWAC 67-16 Blue Hats