port 80 open, or AT&T sucks

AT&T sucks beyond belief, so yesterday I returned my cable modem and
cable box. Their operation is so screwed up. When I called to ask where
to drop the cable modem off the operator told me to make sure I brought
the power cable because they would charge $60 for it if I didn't, and
make sure I get a receipt, because a lot of customers have been getting
billed for the price cable modem after they returned it, and they had no
proof it was returned.

Apparently they changed billing system a few months back, and screwed
everyone's bill up. In July I got a bill saying I didn't owe
anything...so I called and found out how much I really owed ($85.43),
and sent it in. This month I got a bill for $175. There was a cryptic
entry for a charge of 85.43 labeled Lockbox Pmt reversal. I called and
the only thing they could tell me was that they didn't bill me for one
month. I know I never had a month of not paying.

Anyway, It took them about two weeks, 6 calls, and a visit to the local
office to figure out I had paid every month. I paid everything except
the 85.43 at the office, dropped off the boxes, went home to verify in
my checkbook that I had made the July payment, called the bank to make
sure the check cleared, and called AT&T back. The operator first said
the check had bounced...but I had just called my bank, so I knew it
didn't. So finally the operator said she would fill out some form to
credit my account for the $85.43. We'll see what happens.