[BLU] ssh delays

> Hmmm ...  I did some checking with nslookup on both ends of  a  link,
> and  in  all  cases,  it  found  a name for the IP addresses within a
> second. I also tried all the known host names with nslookup, and they
> all got an address within a second.  This would seem to say that DNS,
> forward and reverse, is working fine.

2-cents... I've read that nslookup does not use the same networking
libraries/kernel routines/whatever that are used by applications (such as
SSH).  So there is a possibility that nslookup may work, but yous
application can still fail to reverse lookup.

I've seen this happen before, where nslookup works, but my Java app
stalls for 5-min, then continues merrily along.  It's a long shot, but if
all else fails, try to write a small app to double-check the reverse
lookup.  (I could write a small Java version of nslookup If you'd like.)
-