Linux equivalent of Solaris '/bin/ckyorn'

You can easily write it in C or AWK in 10 mins, but it is also easy to do
in shell script. In ksh for example:
read -r
do
  case $REPLY in
	y|yes)
		-- do yes stuff;;
	n|no)
		-- do no stuff
	*)
		-- maybe reprompt.
 esac
done

On 3 Oct 2001, at 10:45, Chris Janicki wrote:

> Is there a Linux equivalent of Solaris '/bin/ckyorn' (which literally
> means "check yes or no").  I use ckyorn in a Solaris shell script to
> pose
> questions for my application's installation shell script.  I'm not a
> shell guru, so ckyorn has been very helpful with command line
> interactions during installs.  What's the best way to interact within a
> Linux shell?
>
> For example, my installer has to ask boolean and text input questions
> like:
>
> 	Do you accept the license agreement?  [yes|no]
>
> 	Enter the name of your location: [Boston, MA]
> -

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group