PGP/GnuPG keysigning at BLU meeting?

I'm thinking BLU should start holding keysigning parties. How long do these
usually take? If we can hold one in a focused, 20-minute session, then
perhaps we can do them regularly right before our monthly meetings. Longer
than that, we could hold them as part of our Installfests or perhaps as a
separate event entirely.

I'm also curious how many of us actually use PGP or GnuPG.

>From what I've been reading, there are several common formats for the
keysigning sessions. The one I'm considering for the BLU meetings goes
something like this:

* Before the meeting, participants send their keys to the coordinator, who
prints up a check sheet containing the key ids, fingerprints, names,
email addresses (uids), and checkboxes labeled "Present" and "Verified".

* At the meeting, the coordinator hands out copies of the sheet to all
participants, then reads down the sheet. As their name is called, each
participant verifies that they're present, proves their identity with
a driver's license, passport, or whatever, and confirms that the key id
and fingerprint on the sheet really is theirs. Other participants check
off the corresponding checkboxes if they're satisfied with the proof.

This may be done in two passes, where in the first pass, each participant
confirms their presence and the validity of their key id and fingerprint,
and in the second pass they prove their identity.

* After the meeting, each participant signs the keys listed on the sheet
that they've decided to trust.

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr at jabber.org / YAHOO abreauj
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.blu.org