Mailman question

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, John Chambers wrote:

> Another question:  I just got a message from the list  software  that
> included  my  id  and  password.  I've been noticing that a number of
> lists are now doing this. Somehow, sending an id and password through
> email  in  the  clear  seems  to  be  defeating the very concept of a
> password. I'd assume that it's now known to every spy agency, cracker
> and spammer on the Net ...

This is a feature in mailman that is turned on by default. It can be
changed on a per-user basis through the web interface; you could disable
the monthly reminder on your subscribed address, and if you forget your
password, the web interface has an option to email your password
explicitly when you request it.

ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj / Email jabr at blu.org