filtered ports

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, dlewis wrote:

> Hello. I am using RedHat 7.1 (kernel 2.4.13-ac5). I am trying to set up
> ssh (having sshd up). When someone scans me via nmap, it says that port
> 22 is filtered. I know i don't have iptables or ipchains set up. I was
> also told that RedHat has a default firewall setting that filters ports.
> How can I fix this? Thank you.

Try running `chkconfig ipchains --del` (as root) to remove the ipchains
startup script from your rc directories.

Look in /etc/sysconfig for a file named `ipchains` to see the currently
implemented rules.

Run `lokkit &` to create this file with a little menu thingie.

--

-Ron-
https://www.yellowbank.com/