Linux on UltraDMA systems

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Nandakumar Varma wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I am a linux user interested in buying a new computer to load linux. The
> systems currently
> on the market use the new new UltraDMA disk drive (designed for Windows
> XP). I would
> like to know if linux will work with this new hard drive.

I haven't heard of any hard drives designed exclusively for WinXP.
Marketing folks tend to like labels like that, though. I'd be surprised if
there were any major problems with UltraDMA hard drives.

I've cc'ed my reply to my user group's discussion list. If there actually
are issues, I'm sure someone there will be able to provide some details.

ICQ#28611923 / AIM abreauj / Email jabr at blu.org