codered/nimda blocking

> Your suggestion of a log-watching daemon interacting with a firewall
> sounds interesting. It's something we'll have to put on the development
> back-burner for now, though, since we're entering the holiday rush season
> and can't afford to be tinkering with changes to our live site
> architecture.

I should qualify my statement by saying that it would be acceptable to use
technology that we already have in place (Genuity's routers, our load
balancers, Cisco routers that we have laying around and could be thrown in
the loop easily), but it wouldn't be acceptable to throw something totally
new in the mix at this time (a linux-based firewall, where we have
no Linux systems and no firewalls in front of our web servers at all right
now). If there were no acceptable solutions I wouldn't have asked. ;-)

Peter

-- Peter R. Wood - cephas at cephas.dyndns.org - http://cephas.dyndns.org/