Why Linux will win and Micro$oft will lose

I don't think MS really cares who wins the desktop anymore.  There apps
are moving towards .net and they see more money in that than in the
current desktop & apps markets combined.  They will certainly try to
squeeze a few more dollars out of it, but in the long run I see it as a
moot point.

Not a flame, just my humble opinion.
Anthony