Red Hat 7.2

> I'm beginning to dislike 7.2, too many GUIs and I don't know where all
> the config files are.  Where is my lilo?

I haven't used 7.2 myself, but I can tell you that LILO was replaced with
GRUB (LILO should be somewhere on the CD).  It's much more featureful than
LILO and has none of the limitations that LILO has or had.  I'd suggest
putting in the effort to learn GRUB, it's really an excellent bootloader,
is filesystem-aware, allows on-the-fly entry editing, and features a
commandline.  Look for a menu.lst file in /boot or /boot/grub for some of
the basics.

Brian J. Conway
bconway at wpi.edu

"LINUX is obsolete"
     - Andrew S. Tanenbaum, creator of Minix - Jan 29, 1992