Which journaling filesystem is most robust?

"Keller, Tim" <Tim.Keller at stratus.com> wrote:
> I've been using ReiserFS in production for over a year without a problem.
> This machines got both Samba and NFS hanging off of it.  I'm also not sure
> how up to date that info about the slow response was?

There are notes on a number of mailing lists, some posted just days ago:

e.g.,

List:     reiserfs
Subject:  [reiserfs-list] Reiserfs performance with  knfsd
From:     Herman Knief <herman at knief.net>
Date:     2001-11-09 18:30:13

Why is it that Reiserfs performance is so... well, *crappy* when used on
an nfs server?

I have used numerous kernels... 2.2.19, 2.4.7, 2.4.10 (generic and SuSE
built.)  I have compared ext2, ext, Reiserfs and jfs.  I love the speed of
reiser for local file system usage, but when coupled with knfsd it seems
to suffer horribly.