Monitors and power draw

I used a 17" Trinitron CRT for four years with my desktop system. I got an
Apple Powerbook this year with a 14.1" TFT LCD screen. Simply put, I
would much rather use my 14.1" LCD than my 17" CRT.
The image is clear, crisp, bright, and there is no
flicker. My eyes are sensitive, and the Trinitron always bothered me, no
matter what scan rate I had it set to.

Power draw isn't much of a concern for me since my rent includes all
utilities... but if I was concerned, I think that would be another plus
for the LCD.

The CRT now stays off and sits on the floor most of the time, as the
machine it's hooked to is now a server.

Peter

--
Peter R. Wood - cephas at cephas.dyndns.org - http://cephas.dyndns.org/