Monitors and power draw

For years I have been a proponent of wearable computers. However, the
one component that I think could revolutionize computing is the eyepiece
display. Let's assume the eyepiece display can support a color
resolution of 1025x768 (Some can support 800x600 today).

In a customer/clerk situation. The customer sits at a desk accross from
the clear. He/She has a monitor the desk and must continually look
around it. Replace that with an eyepiece display. Not the clerk can look
you in the eye.

Fewer cases of back strain. An office worker can sit without staring at a
monitor, which may not be well placed. And reduced reptitive strain
issues.

The eyepiece display certainly provides more mobility, even if it must be
plugged into the desktop computer.
On 16 Nov 2001, at 14:59, Mark J. Dulcey wrote:

> On the other hand, flat panels have perfect focus, color convergence,
> and geometry. And they don't flicker - at all. I really want one the
> size of the Apple Cinema Display, but it's too rich for my blood right
> now. (And, of course, it should do 1920x1200, so it can display
> full-resolution HDTV.)

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group