fonts

George Flaherty wrote:
> Okay I just installed a ATI Range 128 Graphics card, and now my
> resolution is 1600x1200.... nice and cripsy!
>
> Yet my only problem is now the font is about the size of an electron.
>
> Is there a simply way for me just to increase the overall fontsize?

I don't know if this will solve your problem but: you can tell X how
many dots per inch you have on your monitor, from which it should
theoretically be able to figure out how many dots to use for a certain
point size font.

I run 1600x1200 on a 21" monitor, which is somewhere between 100-105 dpi.
So I start X with:

	startx -- -dpi 100

This doesn't seem to solve the problem for all programs (e.g. netscape
I think is totally ignoring this), but it may help.

--grg