Running Web server on ATT BroadBand

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-admin at blu.org [mailto:discuss-admin at blu.org] On Behalf Of
David Kramer
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 01:33
To: BLU
Subject: Re: Running Web server on ATT BroadBand

<SNIP>

OK, let me get this straight.  You are expecting a PHONE COMPANY to
become
MORE REASONABLE?

There are people on this very list who came to AT&T from MediaOne and
have
port 80 blocked.  The names escape me.  Maybe it was at a BLU meeting.

</SNIP>

Not that I am defending the actions of AT&T during that little crisis
but if you remember, the entire net was getting killed by CodeRed and
it's variants.  AT&T took quick steps to block the traffic, and that
included filtering in the hardest hit areas.  Personally, I think they
should have d/c'd anyone who ran an unpatched server and not penalized
those who are diligent about server maintenance.

I have been running public services from my M1/RR/AT&T connection for
almost a year with no blockage or issue.  Overall AT&T has been good to
me - but I don't use their services (mail/news/public web), just their
bandwidth.

Just my .02...

--Tim