recruiters....

I've been contracting for over 15 years, and I've found a small list of
companies that consistently place me, or at least are honest about the
market situation.
My friend, Kevin owns Whitridge Associates in Quincy (617) 472-2292.
I have used New Boston (now Sapphire) off and on for years. I have always
been treated will by them. Although Compaq converted us all to LTEs, I
still talk to my recruiter there.
At one time MicroTemps was an excellent agency, but the recruiter who was
assigned to me at one point was a jerk so I just lost conact with them.

One agency I recommend staying away from is Modis. I had 2 contracts with
them, one from their Salem office and another with the Burlington Office
(They had acquired part of TSG). At the end of my contract I was so
alienated from them that I sent them email that I would no longer work for
them. They sent me a nasty email reminding me about my non-compete).

When I am looking, I usually list my resume with about 6 temp agencies.
(BTW: Eliassen is also a quality agency. I've known Mona Eliassen since
back when she worked for TSG).