Suppressing logins

I always make it a point to tell people that it is a bad idea to run your system as the priledged user.
In short, this is one one the reasons that the worms and viruses are perpetuated. Among the other
reasons is protection from yourself. As a system administrator (which you are with your personal
system), how many times have you been in the wrong directory and typed rm * or something. As a
non-priv user, your damage is minimized. As a priviledged user, you can render a system
unusable.

Since worms, viruses and trojans infect systems via email, as you read your email as a non-priv
user, your chances of screwing up your whole system is minimized.

Personally, I always use su or sudo in cases where I need to perform a priv operation, and always
revert back to my weaker self for normal ops. I would recommend this procedure to Windows
2000 or XP users as well.