Can telnet port 80 but cannot ping!

Although I can't remember for sure, I don't think RH 7.2 opens the telnet port by default anymore. So although you may have installed telnet, that doesn't mean that it's open for business. In fact, I just tried to telnet to your box, and failed, but it did connect when I tried to open an SSH session.... which I believe is now standard default installation stuff for RedHat

Phil