Discuss digest, Vol 1 #60 - 1 msg

> Google has fully integrated the past 20 years of Usenet archives into
> Google Groups, which now offers access to more than 700 million messages
> dating back to 1981. We believe this to be the most complete collection of
> Usenet articles ever assembled and a fascinating first-hand historical
> account.

Argh, this thing makes me feel old.  I launched a BBS based on a
PDP-11 at my Boston apartment in fall 1983.  A google search found
what's probably my first Usenet posting, an announcement notice of the
BBS posted 27-Oct-83.  It was to net.motss, pre-dating the 1986 introduction
of the soc/alt/comp hierarchies, and my email address had no .edu at the
end of it (just rkb at mit-mc).  Ancient history.

Of course, I'll wager there are members of the blu list who go even further
back than that.  ;-)

-rich