Mediaone DNS server

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, John Abreau wrote:

> Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> writes:
>
> > Has anyone had any problems with the mediaone DNS servers. Shortly after
> > 8PM, the DNS servers I use:
> > 24.128.60.8, 24.128.60.7, 24.128.1.81 apparently stopped serving. I added a
> > non-mediaone server to my resolv.conf.
> >
> > I use a linksys Cable Modem/Router which does not grab DNS from the DHCP
> > server.
>
> I run my onw DNS internally, and I configured my router to use that for
> DNS, and not the mediaone servers.
>
> Before I set it up like that, I had frequent problems with the mediaone
> servers.

Mediaone's service seems to have gone horribly south in the last
year or so, since AT&T acquired them. (I'm in Watertown, and I've
had their service for 2 or 3 years now.) Is there any sort of
collective action going on where we can register our complaints as a
group, instead of as individuals?

srl, whose mediaone DNS was fuxored for too long last night
--
Shane R. Landrum         slandrum at cs.smith.edu                __o
"In the end, you write the book that grabs you                -\<,