Anonymous Samba

This is what I know in a crude fashion as I have not set it up for myself.

1) Check the write permissions for the directory you are sharing. The
permission triad should appear something like this:   drwxrwxrwx, the third
triad is for others(those who don't own or are a part of the groups owner),
the others being your guest users who you want to beable to: r = read, w =
write, and x = execute/run the listed files in the directory by default.

2) The files/executeables in the shared directory need permissions a)
-rw-rw-rw- for files that you want to be writeable b) -rw-rw-r-- for files
that are writeable for you and readable by your guest
c) for files that are runnable: -rwxrwxrwx .

3) In smb.conf [global] Under this section you need to set up your guest
account and shares.

the below should appear under the shared asset.
guest=ok
user=nobody  #this is an account that usaully already exists on your
distribution, its drawback is that
		 #this user may not beable to print to a samba printer

user=ftp	 #this account also pre-exists on your distribution and
should have samba printer access

There are a few other settings but I don't have the book at work and there
is no samba server here. The book I use shamelessly is Samba for Dummies by
IDG, it is not the best but it covers the access issues pretty well. Look
out for typos though.

Jim Kelly-Rand