USB (actually and RTFM question).

I upgraded to a 2.2.16 kernel and I was able to successfully sync the =

Handspring Visor. Here is the dialog. (Dave, I'll return your Palm on the=
 =

16th wioth many thanks). Hopefully, I'll have the iPAQ fully operational =
by =

then too.

hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1, assigned device number 2
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x82d/0x100) is not claimed by any active =

driver.
usb.c: registered new driver serial
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
usbserial.c: USB Serial Driver core v1.4
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Handspring Visor
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor converter detected
visor.c: Handspring Visor: Number of ports: 2
visor.c: Handspring Visor: port 1, is for Generic use and is bound to =

ttyUSB0
visor.c: Handspring Visor: port 2, is for HotSync use and is bound to =

ttyUSB1
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor converter now attached to ttyUSB0 (or =

usb/tts/0 for devfs)
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor converter now attached to ttyUSB1 (or =

usb/tts/1 for devfs)
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Palm 4.0
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Sony Cli=E9 3.5
usbserial.c: USB Serial support registered for Sony Cli=E9 4.0
visor.c: USB HandSpring Visor, Palm m50x, Sony Cli=E9 driver v1.5
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 2
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
usbserial.c: Handspring Visor converter now disconnected from ttyUSB1

- -- =

Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9